CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Sugar Cookies


I got this recipe from the Better Homes and Garden NEW COOK BOOK. These are by far the best sugar cookies I've ever eaten or made and my family loves them.

I decided to make them for the family for Valentine's day and I dressed them up a bit to fit the occasion even better.

Recipe:
 (Preheat oven to 375 degrees F)

2/3 cup of softened butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
Drops of red food dye (I put in about 3 drops and it turned the cookies pink)
candy melts, meltable chocolate
sprinkles

Directions:

   The cookbook has a specific order but I rarely do so I'm just going to tell you what I did. Mix everything together. Seriously, just throw it all in the bowl and mix it up. I used my kitchen aid mixer.

   When all the ingredients are mixed, toss some flour onto the counter and roll out the dough and cut shapes using whatever cookie cutter you choose. You don't have to do this, you can just make small balls and place them on the cookie sheet but this recipe is perfect for cut out cookies.

   Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes or until you notice that the bottoms are starting to turn golden brown.

   Melt the candy melt chocolates, dip the cookies into the chocolate and then decorate (or not) with sprinkles as desired. My husband isn't a huge fan of chocolate so I left about half the cookies undecorated. They were still amazing. These cookies stay soft for forever. They're amazing. And not too sweet.

   The cookbook suggests using an icing for the cookies, which I have done before and it's a really easy and delicious icing.

Powdered Sugar Icing:

1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbs milk

Mix ingredients until smooth and drizzling. Super easy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment