CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sliced Baked Potatoes



Alrighty, so I've been getting most of my recipe ideas from pinterest these days. I saw this one and just HAD to try it. I'm a HUGE fan of potatoes (hey, I AM part Irish) and I kept seeing a picture of this beautiful thing and it made my mouth water every time.

It's so flippin easy. I got the recipe from a site that named them Hasselback Potatoes. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the ones pictured on the site but MAN OH MAN were they good.

Wash your potatoes first (I used three large ones). Also, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Then slice it really thin, not cutting it all the way through. I learned that next time I will slice them a little bit thinner and a little bit further through so to help the potato fan out better, therefor being crispier and cooking more fully.

Then drizzle onto your potatoes:
   2 tbs olive oil
   3 tbs  melted butter

Add salt and pepper to taste. I suggest adding a lot more salt that you would originally think because the way it gets in between all the slices makes a huge difference.

Bake for about 45 minutes.

Eat.

Enjoy.

Dream of eating them again soon.

They're so good and so simple. I could seriously make a meal out of this potato alone. It's crispy on the outside but super tender on the inside. Perfection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment