CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cilantro Lime Chicken in Tortilla Bowls with Seasoned Rice

I've been trying to try different recipes with out having to go out and buy a ton of stuff. I usually end up picking a great recipe but then have to run out to buy one of the ingredients. I decided to come up with something on my own with what I had in my fridge and pantry.

In the morning, I took some rice, long grain (not instant), and threw it in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours. I poured the water in. When using my rice cooker, I usually use two cups of water for every 1 cup of rice. I kept having to add water to the crock pot though through out the day as I stirred the rice.
I added chili powder, a chili con carne spice, garlic salt, pepper, sea salt and paprika. I cut up about 1 clove of garlic and threw that in as well. Toward the end, when I had about 30 minutes left, I added a Mexican mix cheese. I don't measure things out well so all of this was "to taste".

As time for dinner approached, I made Cilantro Lime Chicken in Tortilla Bowls.

Ingredients:

Olive Oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 half onion, chopped
3 tbs lime juice
1 tbs chopped cilantro with extra for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla shells

Directions:

In a pan with heated olive oil, saute onions and garlic until tender.

Add chicken, lime juice and cilantro. Cook at a lower heat until chicken is completely cooked.

While the chicken is cooking, cut up tortilla shells into triangles and place them into a greased muffin pan to form bowls or cups.

Bake cups at 350 degrees until golden brown.

Fill tortilla bowls with the chicken mixture, garnishing with a drop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.

EAT!

This meal is so good and it's so easy to make. Big hit with the whole family. It's light and fresh and I could be wrong but I thought it was on the healthy side as well.





0 comments:

Post a Comment