CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups (Thank You Martha Stewart!)

I kept seeing these wonderful little breakfast "cups" on pinterest. They looked pretty simple so after I checked out the recipe from Martha Stewart, I decided that I could do them myself.

They're super easy and a HUGE crowd pleaser. My kids get bored easily with breakfasts but they were completely quiet (which is a big deal for a 3 and 2 year old) until they were finished. Also, my husband is now a huge fan.

I didn't follow her recipe exactly so here's my way of doing them.




Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan.

Take slices of bread and cut them into pieces that you can form into a bowl shape. I actually took a small metal bowl and pressed the mouth of it into the bread like a cookie cutter. Then I cut that in half and molded the bread into the muffin pan.

Next, take cooked bacon and place it into the bread "bowl" you just made ( I used ham lunch meat one other time I made these and it tasted just as delicious). 

I sprinkled some cheese on top of that.

Crack open the egg and place it in the middle of each "cup". I had to carefully not put all the egg white into the cup or else it ran over and spilled onto the top of the pan. Not a big deal, I just didn't like it not looking perfect.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Bake. Martha says to bake them for 20-25 minutes. I think I was closer to the 20 minutes. I wanted my yolks a little runny so I waited until I saw that the whites had set and then took it out.

So simple yet so delicious.



0 comments:

Post a Comment