CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm a sucker for a sandwich.




I love sandwiches. I think it must be a hereditary thing. My dad LOVES sandwiches. Hogies specifically. I can't help myself though. Give me a good sandwich and I'm in momentary heaven.

We had prime rib for Christmas dinner. It was a holiday first for us. We usually do a Honey Baked Ham. This year, knowing my husband has been working SO hard, I thought we'd switch it up. We still went with the Honey Baked company though. Not to say anything negative about their company, but I don't think we'll get a prime rib from them again. It just wasn't our thing. We LOVE their hams though. Anyway...

There was a huge hunk of meat left over and I was so excited to try to make sandwiches out of it. I made a REALLY simple sandwich but it was delicious.

My parents left these odd "buns" at my house when they came to visit so I thought I'd use them up. They're multi grain thin sandwich buns. Not bad. I sliced up the prime rib really thin and laid it on the bottom half of a bun in a baking dish. Then I topped the meat with spinach and provolone cheese. I baked this at 350 degrees until the cheese was melted.

It was incredible. I was pretty excited that I had several days worth of these sandwiches. I didn't have to add any sauces or anything. All the flavors worked pretty well together and I loved it.

Sometimes it's the simple things that taste the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment