CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Creamy Garlic sauce over Grilled Chicken and Home Made Egg Fettuccine

My husband, who travels far from home for long periods of time for his job, is home and hasn't had a good home cooked meal in quite some time. He, as I've mentioned before, is a pasta lover. Since my parents got me a pasta cutter for Christmas, I thought I'd make him some homemade fettuccine for dinner tonight.

I made a light wheat pasta last time and so I decided to try a recipe for egg pasta this time. I also made the pasta much thinner than last time which made it so much better. Then I topped it with some grilled chicken and a creamy garlic sauce that I whipped up really quick. I have to say that I was speechless over my own meal. Yup. I'm tooting my own horn. It was delicious. Looking at the pictures of it, my mouth is watering all over again. My true success was that my husband loved it.

Pasta Recipe and Instructions (using a Kitchen Aid mixer and it's Pasta attachments)

4 Large Eggs (if you don't have really large ones, use 5 like I had to)
1 tbs water
3 1/2 cups of sifted all purpose flour (because I added an egg, I also ended up adding 2 tablespoons of flour)
1/2 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a mixer bowl (I use Kitchen Aid). Attach the flat beater and mix on speed 2 for about 30 seconds.

Replace flat beater with a dough hook and "knead" at speed 2 for roughly 2 minutes.

Hand knead dough for 1-2 minutes. 

Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.

Dividing in 4 to 8 pieces, roll your dough through the flat roller attachment first. Do this several times, folding each sheet in half just to make sure there are no holes in the dough sheet.

Then, pass each sheet through your chosen pasta cutter, in my case, the fettuccine cutter.

Cook pasta (in water boiling with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt) for about 4 minutes or until it is at your preferred tenderness.

Grilled Chicken:

Using a indoor grill press, grill one chicken breast seasoned with coriander, paprika, salt and pepper.

Creamy Garlic Sauce:

4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
2 whole chives, chopped
2 cups whipping cream
3 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a pan. Saute garlic and chives on a low-medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a slight bubble, stirring frequently. Serve over pasta and grilled chicken. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.


SO AMAZING! And yes, I'm tooting my own horn again.




0 comments:

Post a Comment