CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chicken and Spinach Penne

I can never think of what to call my dishes so they end up with lame names that don't do them justice like "Chicken and Spinach Penne". This dish was so stinkin delicious that it deserves a better name than that. I'm just not good at that kind of stuff.

Again, I can't stress how easy it is to overuse or waste food. I liked this dish because I only used half a breast of chicken in it and had more than enough for me and my two oldest children. We even have leftovers. The dish started out as just a plan to use the chicken and some spinach served on top of penne noodles but as I got cooking, I kept adding ingredients and I'm so glad I did. It was so amazing. My mouth is watering and my stomach is growling just thinking about it.

Ingredients:

half a breast of chicken
1 tablespoons of butter
3 slices of bacon
3 slices of sundried tomatoes, chopped
half a cup of tomato, chopped
one scallion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
4 large handfuls of uncooked spinach leaves (like my measuring tools?)
 salt and pepper to taste (although I didn't use any of either)
penne noodles

I just threw everything in the pan and sauteed it until all the meat was cooked and the flavors had some time to blend together. Between the butter, the juices from the chicken and bacon, the juices from the regular tomatoes as well as the oil from the sundried tomatoes, there was a delicious "sauce" that helped coat the noodles.

My son scarfed his down and my daughter picked out the sundried tomatoes and put them on her brother's plate. She ate the rest though. I had to fight myself to not get a second helping. It was delicious and wasn't a really heavy pasta dish (which they can many times become). Satisfying and delicious is all you can hope for in a meal and I hit it out of the park with this one. Really easy, little clean up and leftovers were added bonuses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment