CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stuffed Chicken with Polenta

I have to say that this was one of the best meals that I've eaten in a while. My mouth is going to water the whole time I write about it. Looking at the pictures is making me wish I had leftovers.

I made stuff chicken for dinner last night and served it with white polenta. Let me first say that I really should take some cooking lessons because every polenta I've ever had, if it wasn't in like a little wedge loaf form, it was nice and creamy. Mine was something in between. It still tasted good but I would never have served it to some one in the know because they'd probably have been grossed out.

I stuffed the chicken (one REALLY large breast that I cut in two) with 1 cup of spinach, 1 clove of garlic, 2 pieces of bacon (chopped) and Parmesan cheese. I cooked the bacon and spinach, minced the garlic and threw in Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. I mixed it all together and shoved it in the chicken. Then I backed it at 450 degrees until it was cooked. Oh yeah, I put sliced portobello mushrooms on top of mine when I threw it in the oven. The kids don't like mushrooms so I didn't feel like wasting any on them.

The polenta that I had was an instant kind, I guess. I don't know how its usually cooked so... I boiled 4 cups of water and added one cup of polenta. Then I stirred and stirred. I added Parmesan cheese and salt. It got thick really fast. I'm going to add a warning here too. Being really thick, when it bubbles, it spits big ole chunks of crazy hot polenta every where. Wear long sleeves! If you're as dumb as I am, you'll let a big glob land on you and not brush it off quick enough. Now I've got a lovely blister. No bueno.


It didn't look gorgeous but it was so delicious. This one is definitely being marked under "make it again real soon!"

1 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons

I've never tried instant, mine is always creamy too, with that teeny bit of grit! never cake-form! haha =)

Post a Comment