CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's the simple things: Baked Granola Topping


Everything's more fun in a martini glass!

I've been trying to make healthier snacks for the kids and I so I thought that yogurt and granola would be a good idea.

I am not in any possition to attempt making my own yogurt but I figured I'd be safe with making my own granola topping.

I took 1 1/2 cups instant Quaker Oats rolled oats and mixed it with about 1/2 cup of crumbs from Special K cereal, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a teaspoon of sunflower seeds.

In an oven that had been preheated to 400 degrees, I baked (toasted was more like it) the mixture for about 2 or 3 minutes. It doesn't need to be in very long since it'll end up burning very quickly. Seriously, keep a close eye on it. You'll be able to tell by the color. After all was said and done, it all measured out to about 2 cups.

And that was it. I sprinkled some on top of our vanilla yogurt and we had a nice little after dinner snack. What we didn't use, I put into a jar to save for later.


Special K Crumbs





Another quick, easy, enjoyable little bite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment