CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eggplant Pasta

I don't have the slightest idea what to call this dish so I dubbed it "eggplant pasta".

My neighbor gave me a bag of some really beautiful veggies and in it were some cherry tomatoes and eggplant. I have never had eggplant before so I was a bit nervous about using it to cook with. I've heard of eggplant parm and eggplant lasagna but I didn't have all the ingredients for those dishes and really didn't feel like going out and buying it. So I concocted my own dish.

I melted about 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan.

While the butter was melting, I cut up two smaller eggplants, about a handful of tomatoes, 2 large cloves of garlic and two slices of sun dried tomatoes. I threw all of this into the pan and sauteed it.

While sauteing, I boiled water and cooked noodles.

Toward the end of the sauteing, I threw in about 10 leaves of basil that I tore apart by hand. I know I've said it before but I LOVE the smell of basil. I can't get enough of it. Oh, and the way it made my hands smell afterwards! SO good!

After all was said and done, I topped the pasta with the eggplant mix.


 

I thought it was delicious. The kids didn't like the egg plant but they liked the rest of it. I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on theirs but mine was great with out it. I served it with garlic bread. A good filling dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment