CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Throwing Something Together: Parmesan Mushroom Chicken


When planning for tonight's dinner, I knew I needed to use up the heavy cream and the rest of the mushrooms before they went bad. I hate throwing food away so lately, I've been making it a priority to not waste food. I ended up making what I'm going to call a Parmesan Mushroom Chicken dish.

I used one chicken breast. We have a tendency to throw away leftovers because we forget about them so since it was just the kids (3 and 2 years) and I eating dinner, I only needed to use one breast. I cute this breast into strips and put them in a baking dish.

I topped the strips with the sliced mushrooms.

While doing all this, I melted 2 tablespoons of butter.

Then, I combined the butter, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs, 1/4 table spoon garlic salt, 1/4 tablespoon ground coriander and salt and pepper to taste. After mixing all these ingredients together, I poured them over the mushrooms and chicken.

I baked the dish at 400 degrees until the chicken was cooked, about 20 minutes.

It didn't look pretty but it was so delicious. The kids practically inhaled theirs and I also enjoyed it. I think next time that I'll only use 1 tablespoon of butter though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment