CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sundried Tomato Pesto Tilapia

Oh, man! This is a good one. It is so much more delicious than I expected. Not only does it have my new love in it, basil, but it has another food that I am so fond of, sundried tomatoes. I LOVE sundried tomatoes. I could eat them all by themselves. SO good. With this recipe, I combined both of them and it was bliss on a fish!




Preheat your oven to 375

Place two tilapia fillets into a baking pan.

Make your Pesto. Click this link to get my pesto recipe. Its much easier than I thought it'd be.







Chop up enough oil soaked sundried tomatoes to get a result of 3 tablespoons. I think from the jar that I have, I used about 6 tomatoes.



Mix the tomatoes into the pesto.

Separately, mix together 3 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs.

Spread the pesto mixture onto the fillets.

Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture onto the prepared fish.

Bake until fully cooked. Mine took about 20 minutes but my oven is weird so it may take you more or less time.

Serve with your preferred sides. I used white long grain rice and my brown butter green beans for sides.

It was amazing. I gave a fillet to myself and split the other between my 3 year old and my 2 year old. They ate all of theirs and about 1/3 of mine. This goes to say that even kids like it. I loved the panko crumbs on top because they gave it a nice crunch. I love using the panko crumbs because they don't seem to get soggy like regular bread crumbs so quickly will.


 Super easy. Super delicious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment