CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pesto Toast

So, it recently occured to me to make home made pesto. I have my basil, I've got garlic, olive oil and parmesean cheese. What else do I need? Something to put it on... I decided to try a new "garlic bread" to go with my pasta. I made home made pesto, spread it on my slice of french bread and toasted it. SO yummy!

Pesto:

handful of fresh basil leaves
3 cloves of garlic
1/8 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of olive oil
a teeny tiny shake of salt and peper
(since I was spreading in on bread, I added 1 tablespoon of butter)

Now, here comes the best part... Throw all the ingridients in the blender and turn it on. Wah-lah. Pesto. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Spread the pesto on the bread and bake it for a few minutes at 350 degrees.

I had never had it with such fresh basil before. It was so delicious and aromatic. As weird as this may sound, it was pretty too. The fresh cut basil mixed with the other ingredients was such a pretty shade of green.

A wonderful way to spruce up bread for dinner. I can't wait to make more pesto and mix it into some pasta.





2 comments:

nhrose76

Dad will want to try this. Looks Yummy

Melisse

Great idea for using up that at all thfast growing basil I've got! Nom nom nom :)

Post a Comment