CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Omelets

I love omelets. My mom used to make them every Sunday before church. I ate the "western omelet" for every meal while in the hospital after I had my first daughter. I LOVE to go through the omelet line at buffets. My husband asked me last night if we could have some this morning and I was more than happy to oblige.





The great thing about omelets is that you can put whatever you want in them. My favorite combo is ham, spinach, onions, tomatoes, bacon and cheddar cheese. My husband likes steak omelets. Pretty sure that if my dad made an omelet, it would be so stuffed with goodies that you wouldn't be able to close it. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I craved hot dog, spinach and onion omelets. And they were delicious.





This morning I made bacon, cheese, mushroom and chive (from my "garden") omelets. I was nervous about the mushrooms. I love mushrooms and I love omelets but I'd never eaten them together and I wasn't sure what to expect. However, after eating it, I decided that I will always put them in from now on. It was SO good.


I cooked the bacon and sauteed the mushrooms in butter before filling the omelet. I put the mushrooms on top of the omelet for my husband and put them in the omelet for me. I liked mine better. The flavors blended a little while they cooked inside the eggs.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I feel like it sets the mood for the rest of the day. If you have a bad breakfast, or none at all, you'll be a little down, even sluggish and unable to focus. If you have a fantastic breakfast, one that you really enjoyed, you'll be in a good mood and ready for action. I'm testing this theory today since I had such a delicious breakfast. I'll do follow up later and let you know how the rest of my day when and if my attitude stay positive. So far so good. I feel great, I'm happy and the kids banging on the office door, crying for me to let them in here (which isn't going to happen) doesn't bother me one bit. I'm on an omelet high :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment