CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Creamy White Wine Mushroom Sauce

I love pasta. I could eat it all day every day. Well... maybe not that often but I like it. My husband likes pasta even more than I do. I'm pretty sure that our kids love it too. Personally, I prefer the white sauces. I decided to tweak the sauce from my pork chops "au poivre".

Ingredients:
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup white wine
3 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (or more) sliced mushrooms
2 large cloves of garlic, grated
salt and pepper to taste
Pasta (I used bowtie noodles)

Instructions:

In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add grated garlic and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until tender. In a separate pot, combine vinegar, wine, butter and olive oil. Bring to a boil and reduce to about 1/2 cup. Begin boiling water for pasta. When ready, add pasta to water and cook noodles. Add the Parmesan, cream, and pepper to the reduction mix. Bring to a boil, stirring often. When pasta is finished cooking (we like ours al dente), spoon mushrooms on first and then top with sauce. Serve hot.


I loved it. I can't say that it was loved by every one in the family. I think that this dish is great for people who don't mind that hint of vinegar and wine. I'm looking forward to the leftovers for dinner tonight!

1 comments:

Frugal in WV

Yum, I love anything with mushrooms! Your blog looks great, new follower from bloggy moms, have a great day! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
Stop by my blog when you get the chance :)

Post a Comment