CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cilantro Lime Pork Chops

Pork, like chicken, is great because you can do pretty much anything you want with it. Not everything works, but most flavors do. I decided to use my cilantro again with this dish. And garlic, lots of garlic. The list of ingredients and amounts are for 2 adults and 2 young children. Not a lot is needed for healthy portions.
Ingredients:
4 small pork chops
chopped fresh cilantro, about 3/4 tablespoons
3 large cloves of garlic ( did I mention that I love garlic?), chopped
fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400. Mix all the ingredients together. I let them sit together for about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend a little. Put the pork into an uncreased baking dish. Spread ingredient mixture onto pork and place into the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until pork is fully cooked. Serve with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with baked french fries (made with real Potatoes... the noble vegetable).
This was a super easy dish and was very tasty. The lime and cilantro gives it a bright, fresh flavor. Pretty healthy too. No butters or oils.



2 comments:

Tina

For some strange reason I have always linked lime with chicken as far as seasoning, but obviously I am limiting myself. I will need to try your recipe and break out of those limitations. Your chop looks tasty enough. Well done.

Melisse

I haven't had pork in forever. This dish is gonna change that! :)

Post a Comment