CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Brown Butter Green Beans

I love vegetables. However, the rest of my household isn't huge on them. My daughter will eat them... sometimes... But getting my boys (the hubby and our son) to eat them is a different story. Tonight though, I got all the kids to eat some green beans.

I'm really bad with measuring things so bare with me while I explain my "measurements".

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of green beans and it was great because they were already cut and prepared.

In a skillet, I melted about 3 tablespoons of butter.

I then threw in about two large handfulls (like that?) green beans. I didn't want to cook too much and waste it since its just the kids and I for dinner tonight.

I let the beans cook in the butter for about 5 minutes. Just as they began to get tender, the butter began to brown. A nice gold color.

I then added a tablespoon of onion powder as well as a tablespoon of garlic powder.

The beans continued to cook and the butter continued to brown, especially more so now that I put the seasonings in.

When the beans were cooked, I added salt and pepper to taste and then sprinkled about 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese on top.

I cooked mine a little too much... Its hard to cook dinner when you're alone with a 3 year old, a two year old and a 3 month old demanding your attention... and food...

Despite the slight overcook, they were still delicious and I'm looking forward to cooking them like this again. I think next time I'll throw in some red onions as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment