CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ok, so we do pajama parties at my house on Friday nights with the kids. Part of the "party" is making some kind of desert to munch on. My husband has been begging me to make oatmeal raisin cookies again, so my daughter helped me make some.











INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cups of softened butter
3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins



INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2) Mix together butter, granulated and brown sugars until the mix is creamy.

3) Beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extract (this ingredient makes a HUGE difference in the taste) into the sugar/butter mix until completely blended and smooth.

4) In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon (I hate cinnamon so I only put 1/2 a tsp in... if you like it, use 3/4 to 1 tsp instead) and salt.

5) Slowly beat the flour mix into the butter mixture.

6) Stir in the oats and raisins.

7) Drop batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I like BIG cookies so I used heaping table spoons to drop mine. This however changes the cooking time.                                                                                     

8) Because I had larger cookies, mind took about 13 minutes to bake. If you use smaller "drops" I'd say keep an eye on them but closer to 10 minutes should do it. A nice golden color is best.

9) Let cool for about 1 minute before placing cookies onto a wire cooling rack. I like to serve mine a little warm.





These are delicious. I hated oatmeal raisin cookies as a child but my kids, including my husband, love them. I like to add chocolate chips to them because I adore chocolate but the kids and the hubby don't like those as much. Yummy yummy oatmeal raisin cookies!









0 comments:

Post a Comment