CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lemon Basil Tilapia

I love fish. And I have no idea how that happened since we never ate it in my house growing up since my mom hated it so much. If we did eat it, it was fish sticks and who knows if that stuff is really fish to begin with.

One of the things that I love about tilapia is that its pretty versatile. Its like the chicken of the fish world. You can do so many different things with it. Also, the fishy flavor isn't super strong so the kids aren't grossed out by it. My husband likes lemon pepper tilapia, I like tilapia with creole seasoning and Alfredo sauce (sounds weird, I know but its so amazing). Tonight though, I decided to employ some more of my home grown basil.







I used three filets for two adults and two young kids.

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.

In a bowl, I mixed:
1 tbs lemon juice
1 minced clove of garlic
1/2 tbs Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
splash of olive oil
salt to taste

I cut up about 10 leaves of fresh basil and sprinkled the filets with it. 
I then spread my mix on top of that.
Then the fish went in the oven for about 10 minutes. (My oven is weird. It may take longer or shorter depending on the oven.)

Then I served it with mashed potatoes (which I made with buttermilk and chicken broth instead of 2% and the flavor was delicious) and broccoli.



This recipe was really easy and delicious. My daughter ate half a filet all by herself. She doesn't usually eat that much.

Another small sucess on my culinary exploration.

Check out my other blog for my recipe for home made granola bars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment