CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cooking with Love

It has been a very long, slightly frustrating week so far. Cooking helps relax me and tonight I got to do it with my husband which made it even better. The baby slept, we sent the other two up to their rooms to play, we turned on some Gypsy Kings and let the music set the mood. We needed the short amount of time to calm down and enjoy each other's company. One of my favorite things about food is its ability to bring people together. And tonight, it did just that.

I made soft tacos (again) with chicken this time. I made my pico de gallo again but this time I added more garlic, more cilantro and a little bit of lime juice. Also, this time, instead of using the taco seasoning from Penzeys, I used their Southwest Seasoning (salt, sweet ancho pepper, onion, garlic, tellicherry black pepper, Mexican oregano, cayenne red pepper, cumin, chipolte and cilantro). I only used 1 chicken breast and when slicing it into small strips, made enough for 10 soft tacos. I used the corn tortillas again, which I've grown to love so much more than flour ones. The corn ones are amazing when making quesadillas too... just saying...

My husband is in love with the pico de gallo. I made sure to make a little extra for the nachos I know he'll make as a late night snack for himself while I'm out tonight. Its super easy and pretty inexpensive to make.

The kids don't eat the pico de gallo but tortilla, chicken and cheese usually satisfies them just fine. It was nice to have some music in the back ground as we all sat together at the dinner table laughing and talking with each other.


I think that cooking should be done with the purpose of bringing happiness to those who will be enjoying it. Cooking with some heart and soul will (almost) always make a dish more special. Tonight, being able to spend some alone time with my husband, preparing a meal for our family, lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face. Happy food is the best kind!

1 comments:

davesmanda

mmm this looks soooo good! i'm inviting myself over

Post a Comment